Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Light Lemon Fish and Pasta Dish

Okay, so I cannot take all the credit for this dish. The pasta recipe (and pic) was from gluten free goddess but the fish was my own creation (didn't take any pics).



Lemon Infused Pasta Salad with Fresh Herbs.  (thank you Lord for an herb garden)

A light gluten free pasta salad recipe that is easy to toss together, yet elegant enough to serve at a party or family picnic.





Ingredients:

1 12-oz. box gluten-free pasta
1 lemon, juiced
1 cup mayonnaise (I eyeballed)
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (eyeballed)
2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill (eyeballed)
2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint (eyeballed and used spearmint)
2 teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram (again, eyeballed)
salt and Pepper to taste
a little cream or milk

Cook your noodles to box recipe, while cooking combine all ingredients, except the milk, in a separate bowl.  Once noodles are cooked drain and place back into the pot.  Then pour  in lemon, mayo and herb mixture and heat.  The mixture will evaporate out some, so add cream or milk if you would like more sauce.  This is not a pasta sauce as much as a coating.  I didn't have any sauce swimming around in my pan, just enough to coat my pasta.

Lemon Herb Fish

I served this over the pasta (YUM!)

Ingredients:

I didn't measure out my herbs, I just used equal parts of each, enough to coat both sides of my fish.

However many fish fillets you want to cook, thawed
dried coriander
dried dill
dried mint
dried marjoram
lemon pepper
salt to taste

I ALWAYS place my herbs in my Mortar and Pestle, and grind them. It brings out the flavor and keeps from having dried pokey things in your dish :).

Press herbs onto both sides of fish, heat up a little oil in a pan. While pan is hot put in the fish, brown both sides (it will happen quick) and then turn down heat to cook the middle.

Serve fish over the pasta and enjoy!!!!

No comments: